Myricom nVoy Series 10Gbit Packet Recorder
Record 10Gbit Network Traffic for Detailed Data Extraction and Focused Forensic Analysis
The Myricom nVoy Series Recorder allows quick retrieval and extraction of packet-level recordings from its time-stamped, searchable index. With this detailed level of data, analysts can perform an effective, focused forensic analysis – in hours – leveraging the intrusion alerts generated by an organization’s firewall or IDS.
How It Works
The nVoy Packet Recorder taps into an organization’s network and droplessly captures and records specified data up to a 10Gbit line rate. During the continuous recording process, it not only indexes the packets, but also inserts highly accurate timestamps for quick retrieval and extraction. This detailed recorded data is crucial in fulfilling external audits, legal case evidence, or complying with data privacy regulations such as PII, GDPR, PCI DSS, NIST, and SCADA.
When paired with the nVoy AIR application, upon breach validation, automatically distributes an extraction file of the packet recorder data containing all conversations between suspicious devices and critical data. Or the analyst can access this information manually for further forensic analysis.
- 2 capture ports; 1 or 10Gbit
- 24 x 1.2 TB storage with optional expansion
- On the fly indexing and compression/decompression
- Web interface configuration and management
- 30ns timestamp accuracy
Automated Intrusion Alerts and Extraction
- Ingests alert events directly from firewall or IDS system
- Extracts all conversations between the identified devices
- Allows analysts to pivot around events to see accessed data
Meet Data Privacy Regulations
- Quickly answer regulatory compliance and cyber insurance requirements:
- What devices are involved and to what degree?
- When did the breach start and when did it end?
- What critical databases or files were accessed?
- Who did the intruder talk to?
Cyber Forensic Analysis and Threat Mitigation
- Run thorough forensic analysis, looking back in time
- Locate or isolate suspicious activity only associated with user-defined critical assets
- Save all recorded data for future analysis or use in a sandbox environment
- Reduce the scope of data for cost-savings on tools with costs based on data ingested (Splunk)
Operate us for more information